Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Baby Congrats!

Howdy Ya'll!

Just to warn you ahead of time, I don't and haven't done much in the way of baby stuff. I designed my daughter's birthday announcement and thanks you cards and I think that's as far as I eve went with doing baby cards. That said, can you guess what the Sweet Stamping Treats challenge is....wait for it....a baby card! LOL! I have been trying very hard to open myself up to more different things to color etc., especially when it comes to classes, not everyone digs what I pick (so if you have a suggestion speak up ya'll!). This ended up being a perfect project to challenge myself with. As Tim Gunn says I had to "Make it work." (I just love him)


So, for this perfectly purple baby inspired card, I used the kangaroo digi by Sweet Stamping Treats. I did it purple because A). it could be for a boy or girl and B). I wanted it to look sort of like a stuffed animal. I'm happy with the outcome, especially since I'm not a terribly "frilly" person. (bling is a different story all together.) My little kangaroo is colored in V000, V12, V15, and V17. I used BV11, BV13 and BV17 on the ribbon around it's neck. I added a little texture by taking some V15 and coloring it on a stencil brush and dabbing it on to make it look a little furry. I also colorized my twine using the BV15.

Enjoy and Until Next Time,
Jodi

No comments:

Post a Comment