Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Spooky Gate

Arrrrggg, Good Mornin' to ya all, I missed talked like at pirate day yesterday, so there's my little shout out to it. I can't believe we're almost to October! I know they say the older you get the quicker time goes, but come on! We've already good my daughter's costume for Halloween. She's ready to put the Halloween decorations up, I'm not quite there yet.
The October Technique class I'll be doing uses Distress Inks, a brayer and heat embossing. It's a lot of fun to use the brayer, you never get the same thing twice and it won't be perfect. That's okay because I don't want it to be. The cool stamp is Metal Flourish from Hero Arts. I thought it looked like it belonged in front of the Adams Family's house. The pumpkins are die cuts from Spellbinders - love, love love them! This would be a great card to make for a party invite, I know you may not traditionally sent a Halloween card, but it sure if fun makin them.
The class is Monday, October 10 @ 6:00 and the cost is $3. Anything class related (distress inks, brayer, stamp etc.) is 20% off the night of the class. So, give Scrap 'N Friends a call or leave a comment here to sign up for class. It'll be a spooky fun time!

Also, for my fellow Copic fanatics out there, Copic Color (Copic's art community - like Facebook) is having a 6 color challenge. There's an image to download and you color it using only 6 colors - I know what you're thinking, but it can be done! It's challenging, but fun. Entries must be posted on the Copic Facebook page by Sept. 23rd. If you aren't on the Copic Color community, check it out. There's lots of different art to see, everything from Fine art to Paper Crafting. Also, you can keep track of your collection - there's even an app for smart phones so you can take your collection with you and know what colors you need to get!

Until next time!
Jodi

No comments:

Post a Comment