Monday, March 28, 2011

Swimmin With The Fishes

Happy first day of Spring Break - yea right. Anyway, I actually got to mess around a little and and play with my markers and some of the new stamps I got. I had the idea for this card as soon as I saw the stamp. She's soooo cute! She has a little otter friend too named "Otto" appropriately enough. It's an acrylic card, and I airbrushed the background with Copics as well as colorizing the single pearls and the little mermaid chickie. After the background colors dried, I took the colorless blender solution, put it in a Mini Mister and sprayed it, that how I got the speckled look. She does have a name - Shimmer Redkelp, she's by C.C. Designs. All of the pearls are by Kaiser Craft. I cut the flourished one in half. The shell was cut out on the Cricut. I'm thinking this card will eventually be a class. We need to get a little further along in things before we dive into airbrushes etc. It'll be another thing you'll get hooked on. Just like the markers. Sorry, I've become a marker pimp. LOL! Just wait until you see what I'm working on for May's class. I've got all sorts of ideas rolling around!
Enjoy, and if you have any questions or comments, feel free to leave 'em.
Until next time,
Jodi
Isn't she lovely... I wanted you to be able to see that the card was acrylic, so you'll have to excuse some of the background. Colored Dew Drops would've looked nice as well as the pearls.

No comments:

Post a Comment