Thursday, January 20, 2011

New Love

OMG, how lame am I? I know I keep saying this, but I'm going to do my best to post something here more often. Well, I have a new love... Copic markers! I've used many different kinds of markers in my artistic career, but even with the fact I just started using them, I adore them. They're alcohol based die markers, like Prisma colors etc., BUT they blend so nicely as well as having 334 colors (although I know I don't need that many colors). They're dual ended, one side is a chisel tip and the other a brush tip - both hold up well. You can airbrush with them and best of all the colors are computer mixed so, if I run out of ink 10 years from now, I'll still be able to get that same exact color. I don't have to throw it away - ever, so I guess you could say I'm going green using these things too. They're a little pricey, but as I said, you don't have to replace them. I have a few little things done, I don't have many color right now, (insert evil laugh here) but that will change I guarantee it. I'll post them shortly. I will also begin teaching Copic classes at Scrap 'N Friends in Brookville. Our first beginner's class is coming up this Wednesday, Jan. 26th at 6:00. If you can't make that one, there will be another one in February, the 15th I believe. The beginner classes will be monthly for a while. We will be having other Copic classes, where you'll learn other techniques, but you'll need to attend a beginner class first because you will be learning basic techniques for using the markers that we'll build on. The beginner's class costs $10 and includes a marker.
As if that's not enough, I'll be teaching a "chalk popping" technique class February 8th, 6:00 at Scrap 'N Friends as well. A picture of that will be posted ASAP too. It's a Valentine card, we'll be using inks, Perfect Pearls, Versamark and chalks.
Well, TTFN! Stay Warm!
Jodi

No comments:

Post a Comment