Friday, January 22, 2010

Thank You, Thank You

I'm so excited that I've been given the opportunity to teach and design at the scrapbook store - Scrap 'N Friends. My first class was last week and I designed some "thank you" cards using a heat embossing reisit technique. A bit messy, but a lot of fun and heat embossing is one of my most favorite things, next to chipboard. The resist is clear emboss on white cardstock and then rubbed over with colored ink. When you get it as intense as you want it, you wipe off the embossed bits and it looks like a slightly tinted white. You can also leave the ink on so it looks like a dark watermark. I also did a bit of "double dipping". That's inking your stamp with versamark, then you ink it in whatever color you want. Stamp it and put clear detail embossing powder on it and heat it up. The color ready pops.
You can see these and the cards for February in person at the store, which seems to be my second home LOL. Stop in an say hi sometime!

No comments:

Post a Comment